Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Plea

So I thought I would use this space to make a plea to everyone. I may not be consistent at writing poems with people and posting them here, so I thought it would be nice to ask some/all of you to try this out! If you happen to do some collaborative poetry with anyone, please send it to me and I will post it here. I suggest you look at the types of poems I've done here, or try your own. If you are still stuck, I recommend the book Poetry Everywhere by Jack Collom. It contains a wide variety of poetry types to try, and you can just flip through it to get an idea of poems to try. For collaborative poetry, remember the following:

1. "First thought, best thought." -Allen Ginsberg (don't spent too long trying to think of the "perfect" line)
2. Never apologize for your work. (No matter how nonsensical the poem may seem, send it in! Someone reading over the blog may find something relevant in it.)
3. "You're a genius all the time." - Jack Kerouac (Anytime is a great time for writing poems)

When submitting your poems, please include the names (even if it happens to be just "lady in red hat" that helped you write a poem in the deli counter at the grocery store) of all contributors, so credit is given where credit is due.

Happy Collaborating!

No comments:

Post a Comment