Monday, November 2, 2009

Exquisite Corpse - 1 November 2009

Hi again! The day after Halloween, my friends Melanie and Sean helped me write some poems. We started with some Exquisite Corpse, an exercise I've found to be a good way to ease into collaborative poetry. Here they are:

EC1:

The ache of erythrocytes
three dead hookers in my trunk
the glowing light
freeze and burn
47 segway pile up
and in the shadow it casts
which I like
when time is short
I'm so slow
I had none
there goes the neighborhood.

EC2:

Once upon a time
fall down my skin
"Hark!" says I
without sight or sound
strings on your shoe
cranberries, strawberries, avocados
how did this happen
the free hookers
tomorrow comes today
asleep by now
nonsense.

EC3:

Gazing into some abyss
through the darkness
nothing is held by cups
cherry-flavored acid trip
time stood still
holes are evident
sometimes I'm right, but
I tried a few times
pillows on high
happiness through the eye of the beholder
put it to the side
it never was, but I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment